Monday, July 26, 2010

If mama ain't happy...

I've never been a fan of wasting money, and I really try to gear my shopping towards healthy, feasible meal options, which means that I buy a lot of fresh produce. Even more so with this new cookbook I'm trying out. What I should do is get all the chopping/washing/pureeing out of the way as soon as I walk in the door from grocery shopping. But I'm not supermom, so sometimes it gets done later that day, and sometimes I leave it until a couple of hours before we need to leave for a cottage weekend because it has to get done otherwise the biz will go bad by the time we get home on Sunday night darn it. This was my scene on Friday afternoon, which also included doing laundry, printing off directions, and running around the house fetching all the various items we'd need for ourselves and the babe for our weekend away. Baby D is increasingly busy these days, and it just seemed like she was getting into everything, and I was so frustrated that when she tried to play with my laptop, I yelled at her. And by yelled, I mean screamed. It was a bad time. I stuck her in her swing for awhile, and told her we needed a little break from each other.

So while I don't like wasting money and food, it turns out that I like yelling at my child considerably less. Which is to say, not at all. Hubby got home and, while helping me clean up the kitchen, humbly suggested that on days like this when D is getting on my nerves and I have a bunch of things to do, it may not be the best idea to cook up all the produce in the fridge and bake a zucchini cake as well (which I forgot to bring to the cottage anyway). Sometimes it's not such a big deal if the cauliflower goes bad.

(D, magnanimous baby that she is, promptly forgave me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment