Friday, July 16, 2010

Ramblings of an indulgent mother.

Although Baby D and I spend quite a bit of time together, I frequently find myself amazed and utterly besotted by her. Here are some of the things I found most endearing about her today.

1. The way she munches on cherries: we've just started giving her pieces of pitted cherries, since these are in season and quite delicious. Baby D is now sporting a tooth (cut on her 9 monthday), so she likes to put it to good use. She finds it rather challenging to keep the cherry piece in her mouth, and she ends up puckering her lips while she chomps away. I need to film this.

2. Her funny new noises: these include brrm-brrm (which she mixes in with crying and which, unfortunately for her, I find humorous), and low growling. We have a fierce kid on our hands.

3. Her efforts to intimidate: she wrinkles her nose and sniffs at us menacingly. Usually when provoked. By us doing the same thing to her.

4. Petit bisous: she now leans in to give her dad and I kisses, although she remains unaware of the social custom of keeping one's mouth closed and one's tongue to oneself.

5. Her memory: my parents have been away on vacation for the past month, and while D saw them on Skype once or twice, I wasn't sure how she'd react when they got back. On their way home, they came by our place, and we greeted them from the doorstep. Initially, D leaned against me, but as they got closer, she grinned widely and practically jumped into my mom's arms! My dad had (and still has) a rockin' holiday beard, so D wasn't too sure about him for a bit, but she warmed to him eventually. I'm hoping for a similar reaction when we visit Hubby's parents at Christmas, since she sees them on Skype more often and still smiles, laughs and plays pattycake with them.

Seriously. What's not to love?

3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for sharing this! I can't wait to see you guys in August. #5 made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you I love your baby? Cause I do. I can't wait to see you guys again! I'm sure she will have changed SO much by the time I get home.
    Love Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so fantastic, you do need to film the cherry eating, and the kisses made me laugh alot. What a hilarious kid. I love the low growls, I think Micah may join in on the growling next time they're together, it seems to be his favourite noise! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete