Sunday, August 15, 2010

More delicious deception

Continuing the cookbook testing, I've now made several of the recipes from Deceptively Delicious. These include:
-mac & cheese (actually, Hubby made it and used two different veggie purees, cauliflower and butternut squash)
-grilled cheese (with butternut squash, and I don't like squash but you can't even taste it. Probably my most favourite so far.)
-chocolate pudding (with avocado; very rich, but somewhat off-putting in that the green avocado oil seeps out of the pudding. And I like my pudding cold, not warm)
-chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese icing (the cake was pretty dense but dry, so I'd use oil instead of margarine next time and add more melted chocolate; the cream cheese icing was really good but also very thick, so I'd thin it out with margarine or something

Overall, the savoury items are beating the pants off the sweets. I'm hoping to test out a few more of the desserts to find something suitable for baby D's upcoming birthday (not for another couple of months, though). I also need to craft some manner of invitation if I want people to show up to this thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment