Thursday, August 19, 2010

So impressed I may start shopping here

Taking advantage of baby D's rare morning nap, I decided to get caught up on wedding gift-buying. I googled the bride's name along with bridal + registry, and it took me to the shop they're registered at. Now, this is a first: it's a local family-run business, and they don't have an online shopping option, so I called to find out if I could purchase something over the phone. Here's what I loved about this experience:
-it took me no time at all to speak to a real person; I pressed two buttons, and was immediately transferred
-the customer service was EXCELLENT! The girl assisting me told me that I could either come in and pick up the gifts or have them gift-wrapped and leave them at the store for the couple to get after the wedding. She also specified that she wouldn't call them until an appropriate time after the wedding to let them know there were items for pick-up. Additionally, she knew how to spell my last name, which never happens!
-the place is bilingual, and I could have been served in French if I had so desired.
-the whole thing took about 10 minutes, which was sufficiently impressive

Go check them out! I know I will.

2 comments:

  1. ah yes Chris and I did some shopping there when J & A were younger. Sounds like the costumer service they have is still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that place! I bought my brother-in-law a gift there once -but mostly I just liked to go and walk around and look at all of the kitchen gadgets.

    ReplyDelete