Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My very own marinade

Hubby and I celebrated Valentine's Day with steaks and sides cooked at home. Restaurants are too crazy for the likes of us. I went hunting for a marinade recipe, and ended up putting together one of my own, based on what I had around. I did have to borrow soy sauce from my mom. It's shocking, the things we don't have in our fridge sometimes.

My Marinade
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp steak spice

Blend and marinate steak in covered glass dish for at least an hour. We did an hour and a half, and it soaked up a good amount of flavour. It's really the steak spice that makes it.

I made a half batch, since we were only marinating two little steaks, but when I was typing it out, it seemed absurd to be writing 1/6 of a cup of anything.

The accompanying sides were a potato soufflé and oven-roasted carrots. Baby D, sadly, had to content herself with leftover mac & cheese, and peas. She was okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment