Saturday, August 27, 2011

More wedding news!

I will likely be posting A LOT about my sister's wedding on here, since there's so much planning going on at the moment. For instance, today we went to look at wedding dresses, and she found her perfect gown, right on budget! No pictures for the moment, obviously. The shop was With Love, not too far from here, and not only do they allow you to take pictures, which was wonderful because we could show parents and grandparents almost right away, but they also have a consignment section with beautiful discounted designer gowns! And then afterwards, if you are so inclined, you can sell your dress on consignment with them and split the proceeds 50-50.

Before Sis arrived at my house to pick me up, I had a couple of errands to run, notably purchasing the yarn for the wedding blanket I'm making for her and the Fiancé. They had a look at colours online, picked one they liked, and gave me the go-ahead on a pattern they enjoyed. The colour they chose was a new one, so I figured Michael's would be most likely to carry it. In person, it was a little gawdy, but I picked it up anyway, along with a more subdued version. I can return the one I don't use, as long as it's within a certain time frame. Sis liked the subdued colour, so I cast on in the car on the way to her dress appointment. One of the great things about this yarn is that it's machine washable and dryable, and there's no dye lot, so I can buy one ball at a time using the 40% off coupons Michael's sends out every week in their flyer. I only need three, and I drive by there often enough that I can combine stopping in with other errands.

So now the cast-on's done, and the first few rows. Interestingly enough, I calculated how many rows there are (350) and then divided that by the number of rows I did today (4), and if I knit that many rows every day, I would finish... on their wedding day! Probably not feasible, seeing as I have a baby to knit for as well, not to mention my dad's Aran sweater to finish up, preferably before his birthday in October, plus D's monkey hat (currently stalled). But it was neat the way the math worked out!

1 comment:

  1. You are a knitting machine!! So excited for you all with this wedding news :)

    ReplyDelete