Monday, October 17, 2011

Countdown to Cashew

So much for nesting energy today! It's been a bit of a lazy one; we had one errand to run (picking up a ball of yarn to finish the flower girl sweater), which was done by mid-morning, and then I tried my hand at making granola bars. They are quite delish, actually. Here is what they are made of.

Then this afternoon, D only napped for an hour (we won't discuss what her disposition has been like since she woke up), which luckily was just long enough for me to finish the sleeves on her sweater and get them blocking. I can't wait for everything to dry so I can sew it up and knit the border! In the meantime, I have two other knits to keep me company. One is the wedding blanket for my sister and her husband-to-be, and the other is a sock-monkey-coloured Fair Isle sweater for my awesome friend Morgan! I'm casting it on today because I can. And also because she mailed us some adorable birthday gifts for that two-year-old monkey of mine, which we just received today! Did I mention that D's favourite pastime is opening presents? That and playing with water in the kitchen.


Oh, Cashew? Your big sister is eager to make your acquaintance. Show yourself soon, please!

1 comment:

  1. Homemade granola bars are the bomb. As are completed knitting projects.

    ReplyDelete