Sunday, October 30, 2011

The first days

There's so much that I had forgotten about newborns! Cord care, diaper changes, burping, hats and scratch mittens... and that's entirely besides post-natal care for me, which we need not get into. I'm really enjoying this time of resting when we can and letting other people do the housework and such. Hubby's been amazing; I hadn't changed a diaper on either of my girls since Tuesday (to be fair, M didn't need changing until Thursday, and D was at her grandparents')! He's also been great at going out and getting me whatever I need or want (ibuprofen, pumpkin spice muffin, etc), even maneuvering a grocery store visit with both his daughters in tow. I don't think I'm that brave yet. Still, I'm so happy to have him at home, and I love that we are now a family of four.

Getting used to a newborn, even in these early days, feels much more manageable the second time around. I remember a lot of exhaustion and lack of routine last time, but with D in a routine, it's easier for us to stick to one. A two-year-old is more work in some ways, but then she can eat, nap, and play by herself. It's really neat to see Big Sis and Little Sis interacting. D has been giving the baby lots of kisses and never fails to point out that M has an ear, or fingers, or a little nose.

Now that baby's here, the next big family event will be the wedding! I ordered some Spanx online today, and with the help of a promotional code and a pre-Christmas shipping discount, I paid far less than I expected. It's due to arrive sometime in the next week or so, just in time for me to get my bridesmaid's dress altered.

And what will M be wearing to the wedding? Well, the bride herself was at Joe Fresh and found this:


Too cute! It's very much like the pink ones they had last year, with the satin top, sash, and tulle skirt. This is more of a champagne shade, although the flash makes it look white.

And finally, the new babe, because let's be honest, she's the star of this blog at the moment:

Are these really the feet of a ten-pounder? You bet.

1 comment:

  1. That is an absolutely gorgeous ten pounder! I hope you're getting lots of snuggles from both your girls. I'm sure Rob is on cloud nine taking care of all his girls! Lots of love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete