Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beware the silent toddler

After playing in the basement for most of the morning, D decided to head upstairs around noon. I told her I'd be up in a bit, once M finished nursing. It had been eerily quiet above me and I made my way up to investigate.

First, I saw crumbs. This is not unheard of in my kitchen.


Then I noticed that the top of the cake caddy containing zucchini bundt was askew.


I lifted the lid to see this. Oh my word, I am so glad she stayed away from the knife.


And looked up to this face.


Thank goodness I had a baby in my arms who had to be transferred to her swing, because otherwise I would have been unable to hide my grin. Cheeky monkey. We did have a talk about the danger of knives, and the foolishness of having cake before lunch when Mommy says no. (It turns out that precludes you from having cake for dessert.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Becky this is one of my favourite posts. What a cheeky little monkey!! Did she cut the piece herself? Yikes!

    ReplyDelete