Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Casting off

I've been emotionally done with the wedding afghan for a little while, but now I'm actually finished! I came close on the weekend, but ran out of yarn four rows from the end. We were on a road trip at the time, and on a bit of a deadline, so we couldn't be bothered to hunt down a Michael's. Here's what we were racing to see:


Those two lovely ladies in the middle are my dear friends Morgan and Sarah, and they completed a triathlon this past Sunday. Also present to cheer them on: Maggie, Morgan's roommate from first year, and her sister Shelagh. Oh, and their puppy, Gus, whose name D could recall with no trouble whatsoever, even though she just met him that day! The evening before, we were joined by Coco, Mandy, and Morgan's best friend Steph for a potluck Greek dinner at Sarah's. It's crazy to think that as of this fall, we've known each other for ten years! We met in residence and still enjoy each other's company immensely, which is pretty remarkable, given how much a person changes from late teens to late twenties.



Fortunately, I did manage to get out last night and acquire the necessary yarn, enabling me to cast the blanket off today. Now that it's been washed, dried and photographed, it's time to pass it on to the happy couple!

4 comments:

  1. Aww I am sad that I missed seeing you all this weekend! The girls are so big!
    ps Beautiful Wedding Afghan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,I love it. It was fantastic seeing you and thanks for coming to the tri. I appreciate the use of Coco to name our friend Crystal.

    I had the same sentiment and raved to Steph on the way home about how much I love my SJU crew. I was once told that a person's friends are a reflection of who they are and it has always stuck with me as one of the best compliments that I have ever recieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like that Gus and M are making eyes at each other in that pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky, you are an extremely talented weaver of yarn! That is a beautiful afghan. Wow!

    I also enjoy that you continue to enjoy each others company. It brings a smile to my face to recall all the wonderful times SJU facilitated.

    Morgan, I have never thought of that quote ("a person's friends are a reflection of who they are") as a compliment, but you are SO right! That made me smile :-)

    Finally, congratulations Sarah and Morgan! Cheers to you both!

    ReplyDelete