Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Snappy dress(er)

Last night, I had Hubby haul my sewing machine up from downstairs so that I could do my annual summer sewing. This would be what happens once a year around Labour Day, when I decide I can face fixing whatever disaster I sewed last summer, and maybe start a new disaster to fix next year.



First up, remember this little number? With the gaping armholes? I had tried to fix it before by folding the top of the dress down and sewing it in place, and even though it looked horrible and bunchy, I still put it on D to wear. She was happy with it. I was happy not to be working on it anymore. I unpicked the seam and now need to cut it and sew it back up.



The material I used for that dress was originally purchased for this one, called the Snappy Toddler Top. One problem when you sew for children, and only choose to do so once a year: they outgrow stuff. I finally got over my nervousness about attaching snaps, sewing with tiny seam allowances, working gathers... and didn't it end up being too small for D now! Good thing I have a younger daughter.



No comments:

Post a Comment