Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Week in Winter

Maeve Binchy's final book came out in October, and I had placed a library hold on it in July. This past Thursday, it was waiting for me. I'm about two-thirds of the way through, and there's a very brief, touching scene that I'd like to think was included just for me (although I'm sure that wasn't the case!). A young couple  names their daughter after a woman in her eighties, who never married, but had a happy life all the same.


I was reading this afternoon when my Maeve woke up from her nap; I brought her downstairs and fed her some snacks on the couch next to the book. By chance, her outfit coordinated nicely with the cover, and I treasured seeing her little name on it. Both girls are in bed now, and I'm looking forward to finishing the book either tonight or during naptime tomorrow. It's a worthwhile disruption to my knitting. I couldn't wait for an audiobook.

No comments:

Post a Comment