Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How knitters celebrate the Olympics

Last winter Olympics, I took part in the unofficial knitter's version, now called the Ravellenic Winter Games. The point is to challenge yourself and try to complete something between the opening and closing ceremonies. It was 2010, and I had a new baby girl, so I made her a sweet little lacy sweater that she wore a few times, and later passed it on to her sister. I have many memories of nursing D on the couch, watching various Olympic events on our own or with family/friends, weeping at our first men's and women's gold medals (Alexandre Bilodeau and Maelle Ricker, respectively).

This time around, while I have more than enough babies to knit for, I'm going to push myself to finish the sweater I started for Hubby in October. It's a gorgeous thing, but I've been losing steam, so maybe this is just what I need to get it done. The body is finished so all I need to do is:

-complete the sleeves
-work the shawl collar
-sew on buttons
-weave in loose ends

That might not sound like much, but it's a LOT to do in the next two and a half weeks.


Especially with cute distractions like these.





Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment