Friday, August 8, 2014

Welcome, Sesame!

My boy; am I ever thankful for gender-neutral clothes!

The "Welcome to the Flock" hat and sweater set I was able to knit for him
And we have a son! Gavin Ferguson was born almost two weeks ago now, and he was my tiniest baby at 9 lbs 5 oz. Labour was relatively short, maybe four hours altogether, but as painful as ever. He was what they call "direct OP", meaning he was head down but facing the wrong way, which meant back labour for me. When it was time to push, he came out so quickly that no one caught him and he just landed on the bed, poor thing! He was none the worse for wear, though. Present at Gavin's birth were Hubby, my friend Sarah, my sister Hannah, my mom (!), and our three midwives, and everyone was wonderfully helpful, encouraging, and supportive.

Gavin and his enormous cousin, on a gorgeous blanket the ladies from knit night put together for me


1 comment:

  1. He is so sweet! Congratulations to you all. LOVE the hat/sweater combo. Welcome to the world, Baby Gavin!

    ReplyDelete