Friday, June 11, 2010

Wedding wear challenge

I have the distinct pleasure of attending four weddings this summer, and I'm looking forward to each one (shout-out to the lovely couples: Mike & Dana, Mark & Val, Chris & Liz, and Kyra & Matt). It has frequently been the case in the past that I buy a new dress for a summer wedding, but it seems silly to get anything new when I have about twenty dresses at the ready, as well as a number of skirts and tops. So, my challenge will be to remix existing wardrobe pieces to create original outfits. The first outfit is set for Mike & Dana's wedding tomorrow! I think I tried on about ten different combinations, including accessories, before I finally decided. Hubby's input was definitely valued (it helped that he wanted a distraction from his studies). The main thing I wanted to incorporate was a clutch I found at an estate sale today for 1$. (An aside: do estate sales typically involve spreading one's belongings out over the lawn? This one seemed a bit on the shanty side.) Pics to follow later... maybe even one of all my dresses if I'm feeling brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment