Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Almost ready for the wedding

The gift is wrapped and ready, I have my dress and D's dress, and now I have a little sweater for D to wear! The key was that it was a quick knit, done in 9 days. My friend Jasmine kindly donated the yarn in the exact weight (DK) and colour (soft gray) I had in mind, so the year of no yarn continues unabated.

I was photographing the sweater and the dress on baby D when I noticed another sweater on the floor. In a shade of purple that I thought didn't go with the dress. There are now two sweaters contending for display on Saturday.


The one I just made, endearingly titled the Whirligig Shrug:

And one I made back in February, aptly named the February Baby Sweater:

Baby D is too busy playing peek-a-boo with her dress to offer an opinion, so I am leaving it up to you. Vote for your fave!

9 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful! But having fallen in love with the grey one this morning, I vote for it too. :-) The contrast is lovely.

    And I would love to take you up on that pattern offer! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the grey one! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the grey one, but think the purple one goes best with the purple dress. Just my OCD coming out!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking due to her age that both will be used during the day! Haha

    I liked the purple then read all the comments and felt the need to go with the consensus, but the purple was my first thought.

    Good news is they both rock!

    When are you going to start making & selling kid's cardigans? I could use some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are really beautiful Becky, I've always liked the february baby sweater, but I really love the little gather detail at the back of the grey one, and I like the way to colours go together. I do agree that you have the potential of needing both during the day, depending on how much mischief baby D gets into! I think though, that I have to cast my vote for grey. Daphne looks fabulous and I know you will too, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THE PURPLE ONE.. she looks too old with the grey one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREY! Purple on purple doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete