Thursday, March 17, 2011

Go for yoga

Since my current fitness regimen is restricted to walks when the weather permits, and copious toddler lifting/carrying, I thought I'd take up yoga again. I haven't done it since we lived in Hamilton four years ago, and I went to a gym that offered non-meditative yoga. I found that my neck and back were in much better shape (which was good, considering my chiropractor dad was five hours away), and I felt great. The thing is, I gave up my gym membership at the Y last year due to lack of use, and they had you pay extra for classes anyway. So I've been looking into yoga classes and the cost thereof. Here's what I found:

-The City parks & rec department has a class at a rec centre 10 minutes from my house, with 14 classes for 84$. Six dollars a class, not bad. Also, since it's run by the City, I'm hoping it will be non-meditative. I'm not into emptying my mind or focusing on my inner energy or whatever.

-Blue Bamboo Yoga offers pay-as-you-go options, so for the same number of sessions as the City offers, I'd be paying just over 200$ including tax. And they're like 20 minutes from my house.

-Yoga & Tea Studio offers a 13-week course for 177$ including tax. About 13$/class. 30 minutes from my house

-The YMCA doesn't offer the kind of yoga I'm looking for, and they're a 15-minute drive away.

My choice was clear. I registered with the City over the phone this morning, and my first class will be a week from today! I was so excited, I wore yoga pants today. No green, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment