Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A walk to the post office

The weather has been SO beautiful lately, and I am very grateful for it. Not that I wasn't all over the -20 degrees and huge drops of snow that came our way. But now I can actually go out walking with the girls (D and her friend E, whom I babysit twice a week)! We strolled to the post office the other day to mail gifts to a few people:
-a new baby cousin out West
-a former roomie-turned-rockstar in Southern Ontario
-our friends' awesome kids who live 5 hours away
-two great friends from university who enjoy writing and receiving letters

Mail is by no means cheap to send, but it is fun to get. In baby D's first year, we were blessed to receive all kinds of packages from family and friends sending us cards and gifts (like board books, stuffed animals, a Roots hoodie, a sheepskin rug, clothes and more). They came in from the UK, Australia, and of course around Canada. So if I want to give someone a gift and I won't be able to see them for awhile, it's nice to mail it along.

Today, we got a card in the mail from a very lovely aunt of mine who loves to send cards for all occasions, and it reminded me of a St. Patrick's Day card I once received.

Happy Dieticians' Day from my sister (we celebrated with Swiss Chalet and homemade chocolate chip cookies), and Happy St. Paddy's tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment