Sunday, May 8, 2011

My third Mother's Day


In 2009, baby D was known as Peanut, and I was only a few months along in my first pregnancy. In 2010, she was 7 months old and we dedicated her to the Lord at our church, surrounded by family and friends. In 2011, she is getting ready to be a big sister, and we had a lovely day together.

Being a mom means the world to me. When I was growing up, this is what I always wanted. I am grateful to have been in a position to make the choices that made motherhood possible. For starters, I chose to get married young (thankfully, I had met the man I love most in the world, who loves me just as much). I chose to study and travel abroad for a year before settling down. Once I got married, I chose to finish university and teacher's college, and work in teaching for two years, so that we would be in a better financial position when we were ready to have kids. Together, we chose when we were ready, and made changes to our lifestyle so as to live on one income. I also chose to stop working full-time outside the home, so that I could raise our daughter. I know many moms who wish they could stay home full-time, and just as many who wouldn't dream of it. I'm thankful that I have the option to stay home.

Hubby, thank you for supporting our family by working hard at a job that is far from your dream career. Thank you for your kindness to me and D, not just today, but every day. Mother's Day wouldn't be possible without Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment