Monday, May 2, 2011

Not a morose Monday


We had an unexpectedly good day at home. Baby D came down with a nasty cold this weekend, and she was quite miserable yesterday. She was also uncharacteristically sleepy, and had three naps of varying lengths. A visit to Grandma and Grampa cheered her up a little, aside from a brief episode of vomiting and fever. It's always an adjustment from weekend to work week for her, going from having many adults around to just me, and I wasn't especially looking forward to it today. However, our baby girl surprised us by sleeping soundly all night (Hubby had planned to stay in the spare room with her if she woke up).

Although she was sad and sleepy today, she was a star. We took it very easy, watching Cars in the morning while folding laundry (and she was, for once, unmotivated to undo my work). From 11:30 until just before 2:00, she slept soundly on my lap, only waking the odd time to squirm and fuss before dozing off again. I got through the bulk of the newest Shopaholic book, which I didn't like as much as its predecessors. (I don't find uncontrolled spending and unnecessary deception as entertaining as I used to, I guess.) My brother is overseas at the moment, and we got a chance to catch up with him over Skype, which thrilled D to no end. She was contentedly munching on goldfish crackers and occasionally offering up one of her new words (most favourite: "La-you" for "love you). After a late lunch, it happened not to be raining, so I bundled her into the stroller and made for the polling station, which was not remotely busy, as it was 3pm. Once we got back, D wanted to watch more Cars, probably because she missed the ending, so I played it for her and before we knew it, Hubby was home!

Tomorrow will likely be more of the same, only I'm hoping The Little Mermaid will be acceptable viewing. I remember a time when I could play the entire movie in my head from memory, including soundtrack (but not credits). Sick days are an okay thing in moderation.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have election results to watch (in half an hour when the publication ban lifts) and treats to eat (courtesy of our latest houseguest- thanks, Kirk, we miss you already!). It's going to be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment