Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter thanksgiving

This Easter, I am thankful for:

-my risen Saviour! Chocolate is fine and all, but give me reconciliation with my Creator, not to mention eternal life, any day

-a beautiful morning at church with family, friends, and our neighbours from across the street

-family dinner at my mom and dad's (included ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, and two desserts, as always: lemon meringue pie and a chocolate log cake, all the more special because I missed the one at Christmas)

-playtime at the park after dinner: the fact that it was warm enough/not raining, and that everyone came on the walk (Mom, Dad, Grandma aka Gams, me, Hubby, D, sister, and her boyfriend; we were sad that baby sis, brother and sis-in-law couldn't be here). My girl being super brave on the swings and the play structure was a bonus. As were all of Hubby's awesome pictures.

-baby D singing herself to sleep tonight, after a brief cry. What a sweet sound to hear when I came up the stairs to put myself to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment