Thursday, July 21, 2011

Staying inside

With temperatures forecasted in the 40s, two toddlers in the house, and an increasingly large belly, I thought it best to stay indoors today. I only stepped out to hang the laundry (and, a mere three hours later, to take it down) and get the flyers from the mailbox. And you know what? It's amazing what you can get done when kids play happily in the living room. Instead of a to-do list, here's my it's-done list:
-baked and iced a carrot cake (first thing in the morning, before it got too hot)
-unloaded the dishwasher
-folded and put away laundry
-knit a bit on my dad's sweater
-tidied the living room (the girls helped quite a bit, actually)
-packed for Daph's and my respective cottage weekends (only about half done)

This is definitely not a typical day. We haven't spent a whole day inside since the early spring, I think, aside from rainy days. I thought for sure I'd have to put on a movie for the girls, but they were great. The only downside has been that D didn't get to sleep until around 3:20, not having been properly tuckered out from running around in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment