Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What a beautiful morning!

I love cool mornings in August, the ones where you really need to throw on a cardigan, and you can sense fall just around the corner. I don't mind summer wrapping up, as it means Cashew will be here soon! I felt the same way when I was pregnant with D, and I actually went back to teach the first week of school before peacing out.

Mornings like these go wonderfully with pumpkin waffles that I made on the weekend and promptly froze, and a hot cup of tea. Hubby and I just celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on Saturday, hence the fancy breakfast, although it was actually lunch on Sunday. My parents looked after D, and Hubby and I had a lovely staycation! We mostly ran errands, but we did so together, with no worries about D needing food or a nap or time out of the car. We took a load of basement demo biz to the dump, did the grocery shopping, cleaned out the fridge, tidied the house, you know, all fun stuff. I also started a sweater for Cashew, finally, and by Sunday night I had the body and half a sleeve knit. More enjoyable activities included a brief stop at a family get-together before dinner out at the Cheshire Cat (which was fantastic, and merits another outing), and watching the King's Speech, which we rented for a dollar from a Zip kiosk. Interestingly, last time we saw that movie was in theatres over Christmas, and Hubby's parents looked after D!

Another reason I'm feeling very content this morning is that we got some great news last night about an upcoming family wedding: Dietitian sister is getting married! I'm so excited for her and her fiancé; they are so well-suited and fun together. Now we have all kinds of wedding plans to get into, the first of which involves dress shopping. And D has the tremendous honour of being in the wedding party, for the first time in her little life! (I'm in it, too!) She looks a lot like the bride-to-be, so this promises to be very cute. The wedding will likely be a few weeks after Cashew is born, which means I need to kick into high gear with my knitting. I have a few baby things to finish (Cashew's sweater, a blanket, and a hat for a friend's baby), as well as the never-ending aran sweater for my dad, and then I can move on to a wedding blanket for the happy couple! This is the best kind of busy to be, and the best season for it all to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment