Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Falling back into routine

We don't have much of a fall routine around here, except that W2W, the ladies' Bible study I attend, starts up again and we go every Wednesday. This is my third year there, and I was very much looking forward to this morning's kick-off. To my surprise, I turned off my 7am alarm and accidentally slept in until 8:45, which made it tricky to be on time for 9:00. By tricky I mean impossible. Still, D and I managed to get dressed and out the door in 20 minutes, and I brought a bottle of milk, a banana and some cheerios for her breakfast. I didn't have to worry about getting myself anything to eat because it was a potluck brunch, so that was lovely. We didn't end up being too late, rolling in at around 9:30. People were still milling around, getting food, catching up after the summer.

This morning we were all gathered in the gym for the aforementioned brunch and a special speaker, Yanci McGregor, who I love! She's married to the older brother of a good friend, and she's from Texas, and she's super funny. She and her husband are doing a church plant in Montreal, so she was talking about having hope in the midst of chaos and even despair. Yanci remarked that it felt strange to be asked to speak when she and her husband (and two boys, 2 and 5) had only just moved and were getting started, so there are no big church numbers or exciting reports to give. She's a passionate speaker, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about the church plant in the weeks and months to come.

The rest of the day was sort of fun and relaxing. D and I went to Babies R Us to spend a gift card that some awesome friends sent us, and I'm feeling much better prepared for Cashew's arrival. Then we went home, had lunch, and played for a bit before she took a nap. I managed to get some more knitting done on my dad's sweater... still about 4 inches to go on the body before decreasing and doing 3 inches of ribbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment