Monday, December 19, 2011

Pre-Christmas productivity

Are you ready for Christmas yet? I never am, at least not until about midnight on December 24th. We're pretty close to ready, though. Here's some of what we've done:
-decorated inside the house and out (that was late November)
-got all our presents (I speak for myself, not Hubby)
-updated our family & friends' addresses
-taken our Christmas photo
-printed our Christmas cards and labels
-written and mostly mailed our Christmas cards (again, I don't presume to speak for Hubby)
-finished our Christmas baking (Mars bar-Rice Krispie squares, glazed mint brownies, shortbread, monkey bread for Christmas morning with the fam)

Here's what remains to be done:
-finish a gift for my recipient in my crafty friends' exchange
-wrap our Christmas gifts
-mail the remaining Christmas cards

Today was one of those serendipitous days where everything works out. My goals were to get the laundry put away, and finish my Christmas baking. I went out to get a few groceries with the girls; D was pleasant and chatty, while M slept the entire time. My mom came over to help us with the baking (which largely entailed keeping D occupied), and although my shortbread didn't turn out as well as hers, it was okay. The other baking turned out fine. I got some knitting done while the girls napped, and put the laundry away when D woke up, thanks to Grandma cuddling her and reading her stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment