Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cottage 2.0

This is the cottage I've been going to since I was little. It's rustic- think no indoor plumbing or electricity- and wonderful. I remember reading Kit Pearson's Looking at the Moon when I was younger and thinking how nice it would be to have an extended family cottage compound like the family in the novel. On the holiday weekend, I got to experience the closest thing to an island cottage where everyone goes for the whole summer.
Sunset on Friday night

Hubby says this is a typical Bible college ad

D only got to stay up for one campfire, and she loved it. Cautiously.

The baby got one bath to last her the whole weekend

D had two baths; this one, and one on Sunday morning due to pancake syrup

The extended fam on Saturday

People I love, holding kids I love

Our branch of the family tree

D's first canoe ride; again, cautious enjoyment

Hubby's specialty crepes

M dozes on the quilt our great-aunt made for D

No comments:

Post a Comment