Saturday, July 28, 2012

The funny book

At my sister's wedding, her father-in-law shared that, for each of his four kids, he and his wife kept a little notebook where they would write down the funny things each kid would say. A funny book. I thought this was a great idea, especially because we are prone to commenting that D says the funniest things, and then we can't remember what exactly she said. Initially, I did have a little notebook, but then I lost it, so now I keep track of her comic remarks in a Word document on my laptop, which is usually nearby. I include the date, and any relevant background info in square brackets. Today's bon mots:

[At the dinner table, just as Hubby's about to say grace] I will ask the blessing! Dear Lord Jesus, -Maeve, close your eyes- we thank you for the hash browns, amen. And we thank you for the rain that we don't drink, amen.






1 comment:

  1. Too funny! So glad you're writing these down Becky (and sharing them!), I know D will love to get to read them some day too!

    ReplyDelete