Monday, September 17, 2012

The New Edinburgh Garage Sale

This past weekend, my dear friend Jules and I attended the New Edinburgh garage sale, as we do most years. I love this community-wide event because they have great stuff for sale (it's a pretty well-to-do area), and it's not as overwhelming as its springtime counterpart, the Great Glebe garage sale. Some of this year's deals:

 Lace tablecloth-2$
Children's books- 3 for 1$
Maeve Binchy books (I'm collecting them all)- 1$ each


The tea cup on the left was a bazaar find that I gave D for her first Christmas; she's only been allowed to use it once or twice. The one on the right looked so similar that I couldn't pass it up, and like its counterpart, it was 5$. It's for M. I'm excited for future tea parties!


I actually gasped when I saw this. You know what D asked for as a birthday cake? A Madeline cake. She loves Madeline, the books, the animated series. The child will lose her mind when she gets this for her birthday. It's made of fleece, so she can even wear it in the winter if she likes. The kicker is that I bought it from a little girl named Madeline, and it was 5$.


Madeline included the Belle shoes as part of the Madeline costume, because she always wore them together. At another house, I saw a box full of Polly Pocket paraphernalia, much of it what is laughably called "vintage". I don't consider anything from the 90's to be vintage yet, personally. The thing is, though, it's tough to find the tiny original Polly Pocket dolls, presumably because of the huge choking hazard they present. D loves them and has never attempted to put them in her mouth. (M is kept far away when D plays with them, which takes place on a table at Grandma's house). I've never seen this many of them at a garage sale, only on eBay for a ridiculous price. Here we have eleven of them, with two play sets, and the lot cost me 3.50$.


Finally, a fall/spring coat for D. It's a good size (3T), has sweet pockets and a hood that actually fits. 50 cents. I kid you not.

It was a great day, and a fitting wrap-up to this year's garage sale season!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jazzed for D to get the dress for her birthday!! I can't believe you found that for her. Amazing.

    Can I get a list of the MB books that you have so if I come across any I can snag them for you?

    ReplyDelete