Friday, January 11, 2013

First FOs of 2013

Kicking off the Year of No Yarn, we have our first finished objects! For my mom, Jaywalker socks. Ever since I became a mom, I like to give her a present on my birthday (or as D would say, now that she's working on pronouncing her r's, "beeurfday") to say thanks for carrying and birthing me. These socks neatly used up two balls of yarn, plus a little bit of leftover yarn from some gray socks I had knit my dad. The real accomplishment here is that my mom took this photo AND uploaded it to her computer AND attached it to an email to me! Good work, Mom! 


Hey look, it's the mohair sweater that took nearly a year for me to finish! It's now making its way to Australia to meet and stay with my mother-in-law, and I must admit I'm somewhat jealous. I have one leftover ball of yarn; is it cheating if I return it and buy something on store credit? Oh fine, just some needles then. That's if their return policy covers 11 months. 





2 comments:

  1. both beautiful! Good job finishing that sweater, epic! And no, it's not cheating, it's just being smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - there's not enough yarn in one ball to do anything with so go for it and get something you can use! There has to be some reward for all your hard work - I am SO excited and can't wait for it to arrive!

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete