Thursday, January 3, 2013

Year of No Yarn 2.0

Just when I was feeling smug about not making any resolutions this year, I remembered that I'm doing another Year of No Yarn. The ground rules:
-I will be knitting from yarn I already own*
-I can buy enough yarn to complete a project
-I can trade with other knitters to get "new" yarn
-I can still buy patterns, buttons, needles, and other notions if necessary

*Unless an immediate family member or very close friend gets married or has a baby, and I don't have the yarn for an intended project.

Consider the following as "before" pictures (although I realized minutes after taking these that I had missed a few stray skeins):

The stash in all its glory

Sock yarn

DK yarn

Medium weight yarn (the light blue is for a sweater for me, and the teal next to it is for my mom)

Bulky yarn
As you can see, I have enough yarn for many sweaters, socks, baby blankets, hats, mittens, etc. I look forward to seeing the stash transform into actual clothing over the next twelve months!

And in the finished object category, here's my brother-in-law, sporting his new hat and flip-top gloves on Christmas Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment