Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sickly spring Sunday

Poor little M woke up from her nap yesterday with a fever, and spent the rest of the day being cuddled. As sad as it is to see her sick and lethargic, it's kind of nice that's she's still long enough for me to really marvel at her. She fell asleep in my arms this morning, and that hasn't happened since she was a tiny baby! M is what we call uncommonly pretty.

D has been quite the champ today; as disappointing as it is to miss church, we've managed to have a nice enough time languishing around the house. We baked ginger muffins, made some beaded necklaces, and played in the basement with a new-to-us kitchen. Over the past year and a bit, I've been collecting kitchen play things for the girls, and although I found a toy oven at a garage sale last year, the rest of the things weren't much use without an actual (play) kitchen. A friend posted on Facebook that her kids were done with their kitchen, and I messaged her right away; she was incredibly kind and delivered it the next day!

We've been trying to make more use of the basement lately, mostly because it's nice to have a place other than the main floor to keep all the toys! I like to be able to sit down and relax in the living room during the girls' quiet time, and while I am not so fastidious as to be unable to be still in an untidy space, I prefer not to be surrounded by clutter. Now that the kitchen is downstairs, the basement is the place to be.

Today's quiet time knitting: My Blackberry cardigan, sleeves in particular
Audiobook playing: Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

No comments:

Post a Comment