Monday, September 16, 2013

The real first day of school

D's sort-of first day of kindergarten was last week, with a small sub-section of her classmates. I drove her and M was along for the ride, and the only tears that morning were from the baby sister who insisted, "Me, too! My turn!" as her big sister headed off down the hall without a backward glance.

Tomorrow, I'm sure a variation on that scene will replay as D takes the bus to school. But whereas, on Friday, M and I just ran errands all morning, we've got play group tomorrow and since D won't be there, M gets to choose what we get from the toy library, or "joujouthèque." I'm hoping this will stave off her jealousy somewhat.

A dollhouse with Little People is always a big hit

"You mean I get to choose?"
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a backpack to prepare and a season finale of The Amazing Race Canada to watch. Cheering on the Mitic brothers!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you this morning- I hope the first bus ride went well :), and that you and M have a great morning together.

    ReplyDelete