Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The day that was February 20th

What an unbelievable day it's been here! Things started out badly, with Hubby's car getting t-boned on his way to work (bright side: he is unhurt, and wasn't at fault), but improved greatly. On a minor note, I suffered an equipment malfunction (my circular knitting needle broke), but I was able to conjure up a spare from my interchangeable set. The sleeves are done, and the collar should be finished tomorrow, if I'm lucky. That would give me the weekend to sew it all up. And find buttons.

Our Canadian women performed beautifully in Sochi today, winning gold in curling and hockey, and I was able to watch a good chunk of each! The hockey had me on the edge of my seat, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I openly wept after each Canadian goal. I could not believe they managed a win, but they totally earned it.

I was texting my pregnant sister throughout the last minutes of the game, and shortly after it finished, she called me on Skype. And what do you know, she was holding her new baby on her lap! Again, much crying ensued (from me; baby was super sleepy). She had him at 2:30 am at the brand-new birthing centre, and was home just a few hours later, looking incredibly healthy and happy. My beautiful nephew absolutely made my day. I will be knitting a blanket with his name and birth date next, I believe, and visiting him as soon as our schedule permits.

1 comment: