Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Shrove Tuesday!

I am usually an enthusiastic participant when it comes to Shrove Tuesday, although I don't follow it up by observing Lent. I mostly enjoy the breakfast-for-dinner aspect, and the proximity to Easter and spring. (Do we still get spring in this part of the country? It seems unlikely at this point in time, but that may be the daily walks to the bus stop talking. I so preferred hibernating!)

My lucky mom remains in Toronto with the new grandson, who we met this weekend and is absolutely perfect and gorgeous and gaining weight at an unbelievable speed and didn't pee on me once during the three diaper changes I administered. So, tonight we will feast with my dad. The usual spread includes fruit salad, sausages, orange juice and pancakes (plain or blueberry). Gourmande that I am, I wanted to eat pancakes more than once today, so we had Smitten Kitchen's carrot cake pancakes for lunch! They took a little while to cook, but were they ever worth it. I then made the mistake of perusing her site a bit longer, and now have several cravings to add to the growing list.


That's cream cheese icing, and a little bit of maple syrup for dipping. I may have eaten a cookie for dessert. No one will be surprised if I birth another giant baby.

The other thing I appreciated about today was that, for the first time since she started school, I did not have to pack a snack for D today. (I know, I know, I haven't even had to pack daily lunches yet!) They had pancakes at school. I love the Catholic board!

Another recent special event at school was Crazy Hair Day, which D explained could also be Pretty Hair Day, and she asked me to curl her hair. By the time she got off the bus, the curls had settled into waves. In case you're wondering, she does dress herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment