Friday, October 22, 2010

How bazaar, how bazaar

Sometimes I think I'm an old woman at heart, and other times I know I am. I like to eat dinner early. I enjoy writing letters (this is more recent, thanks to university friends). Hubby would like you to believe that my knitting habit makes me old, but most people know better than that now. It would make me middle-aged at most.

I look forward to fall bazaars. In the past, I have come home with all kinds of great finds: William Shatner's Up Til Now; a glass jug; a 2$ wall clock, battery included; a number of fancy tea cups. All of these have proved tremendously useful/entertaining. (Hubby took to reading aloud select passages of Shatner's autobiographical stream-of-consciousness prose.) Tomorrow, what can only be described as empirically the best fall bazaar in Ottawa is taking place: that's right, I'm talking about the Woodroffe United Bazaar. It's a stone's throw from where I grew up, and even though I never attended the church, I always run into people I know there. Last year, it marked my first solo outing since baby D's birth. My companions this year will include my very own mom and a good friend who also thoroughly enjoys bazaars and bargains.

Pictures of tomorrow's deals to follow. Here's a picture of what keeps me young:


And another one, because she's laughing with you, not at you:

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the pig tails.
    AND WHAT IS THIS FALL BAZAAR BUSINESS!?!
    Dang it.
    I have company coming.
    Otherwise I would be SOOO carpooling with you.
    ahhh...thrifting...
    HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the Daph (and you too)! I have something SOOO cute for her to wear.

    ReplyDelete