Friday, October 29, 2010

Wedding wear challenge wrap-up

This was our second-last wedding, and the last one of the summer. Hubby and I emceed, it was on our anniversary, baby D was in attendance, and we had a great time! I borrowed a vintage peach dress from travelling sis, and am shown wearing it with baby sis, beautiful bride and handsome groom. (Sidenote: this was the most excited bride ever! She couldn't wait to get through the vows. It was so sweet. And the groom couldn't stop grinning.)

Then our most recent wedding was about three weeks ago now (on 10/10/10). I made a last-minute decision on the dress this time; we had church in the morning (as it was a Sunday), and the ceremony was due to start about an hour and a half after the 11 o'clock service ended. I wouldn't have time to change. So I wore a super fancy vintage dress. Luckily I wasn't nursing or feeding D any snacks, so I managed not to spill anything on myself.


The super fancy vintage dress in question: the one I thought would never fit me again! I needed some help with the zipper, but I successfully wore it without inflicting any damage on myself or the garment. Even if I have three more kids and never fit into it again, I'm glad I had the chance to wear it one more time. Plus the wedding was Egyptian, so I was not remotely underdressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment