Monday, October 11, 2010

Sweater clinic

Hopefully, if all goes well, I will be headed out to knit night at my friend Jasmine's, for the first time in ages! I always get this desire to knit really warm things like sweaters, mittens and scarves in the fall, but this is the time to be wearing them, not knitting them. The thing is, who wants to settle in with a pile of wool in the sweltering heat of summer to have a new sweater come autumn? Not usually me. So before I cast on a new sweater (although I will probably do that, too), I examined the sweaters I have already knitted for myself. This took no time at all, being that there are only four of them:

The death jacket (actually a bed jacket, but it was nicknamed thusly by a friend after I explained that bed jackets were something an invalid or dying person would wear)

The off-shoulder sweater

The Vintage Cardigan:

The one I actually wear


My plan, during this year of no new yarn, even though I have enough yarn to make myself a couple of tops, is to figure out what exactly it is about the former three pieces that precludes me from wearing them, and fix that up. For instance, the off-shoulder sweater has too tight a cast-off at the neck, so it looks weird. And the collar isn't long enough to be worn as a cowl. Hence, I have an extra ball of the same yarn to add length to the collar so it can just be a cowl-neck sweater. I plan on seeking advice from a few fellow knitters (in person, but maybe on Ravelry later).

And now, to enjoy the day with family and friends, including a one-year-old chicken who loved her birthday cake!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Can you make me a turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie when I get home? In return I will house sit for you. Heehee

    ReplyDelete