Thursday, April 7, 2011

D's half birthday by the numbers



It is my sweet baby D's half-birthday today, so forgive me as I indulge in detailing her copious accomplishments in her first year and a half here with us.

-18: months old today

-11: teeth she's cut so far

-4: bins of clothes she's outgrown

-5: number of months she's been walking

-17: months it took her to say her name

-9: months it took her to say my name (by which I mean "Mama")

-75, 6, 6: how many words D can say, respectively, in English, French and sign language. This includes names of people she loves and, somewhat sadly, a few Sesame Street characters. It doesn't include her myriad of animal noises, or words that she can repeat if we say them first.

-12: months she's been eating solid food

-8: approximate number of times she's asked to watch Elmo since I started typing this

-1: number of baths D takes per day; this isn't really an accomplishment, but the fact that she'll lean back and let us wash her hair, is. This replaces our prior method of dumping buckets of water on her head.

-3-4: times each day D says "amen" (before each meal, and at bedtime prayers). This is one of my favourite things!

-4: favourite stories she has in her toddler board-book Bible (Ruth, Esther, David, and Jesus the Good Shepherd). She flips right to them and can say a few of the relevant names. This is something I find incredibly precious.

24: months of "camp only child" she'll experience (barring an earlier delivery)

0: months of "camp only child" she'll remember


Because this is a joyous and festive day, I will not list the number of times this week that she's woken up screaming at 3 or 4 am, or the number of times in a day she cries or refuses to do something I ask.
Happy half birthday to my awesome daughter!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Half birthday baby D! We love you, you are such a sweet and precious girl. Make sure your mama gives you a great big hug on behalf of Micah today. He may be younger, but he sure is cute, so be sure to give him a chance when you guys get older ;)

    ReplyDelete