Sunday, April 3, 2011

My little seedlings


The garden is a go! Or at least a start. I counted backwards from the May long weekend (7 weeks from now) and decided it was time to plant the seeds that needed an indoor beginning. Following the instructions as best I could, I watered the peat pellets, fluffed the soil, planted a few seeds in each, and covered them back up with soil. It said to only put 2-3 seeds in each thing, which I did for the bigger seeds (zucchini and canteloupe- this just in, now a vegetable?), but I put a few more when it came to the tiny seeds (tomato, chives, and basil, the latter two of which are as small as poppy seeds). Hopefully my disobedience will not be punished too harshly. I just want to give as many seeds a chance as possible! I'm looking forward to seeing them sprout, and so as not to forget to water them, they will be kept on my kitchen table, although out of direct sunlight. And I did remember what order I planted them in, and I've kept the seed packets for transplanting later.

It would be SO nice if this worked out! However, even if all the seeds fail, I've pinned my hopes on another project in the works, although this one won't be ready until later in the fall. See you then, Cashew!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!! So exciting! I've had you guys on my mind and in my prayers a lot lately and was really hoping an announcement like this would be coming soon. So thrilled for you, praying lots and can't wait to meet Cashew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Cashew! I'm excited to meet you! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete