Saturday, April 9, 2011

Further signs of spring

The sign the first: I hung my first load of laundry on the clothesline! I had given up back in September, when I would pin clothes up in the mid-morning or early afternoon, and take them down, sopping wet or disparagingly damp, a few hours later. To be fair, I had a lovely month-long reprieve in Australia, during which I happily made use of my in-laws clothes tree. And with that crazy sun, stuff would dry in two or three hours! Today, I went outside around 8:30, got a tremendous amount of baby clothes, towels, washcloths, etc on the line, and took it all down, perfectly dry and smelling of spring, about half an hour ago. The only downside was that baby D (who I should probably refer to as toddler D or maybe just D) didn't do so well outdoors. She toddled around, as her kind tend to, and made a break for the creek at one point, with Mama hot on her heels. Then I brought a chair out for her to sit on, and she did for awhile, and then fell off and cried a lot. Sorry, neighbours...


The sign the second: people, look at this garden! I'm so glad I posted that photo the other day, because otherwise you wouldn't believe the seedlings' growth since then! The tomatoes and zucchini are seriously kicking the pants of their greenhousemates, so to speak. I am loving this progress. I should have saved the leftover seeds, though; Dietitian sis wants to have an indoor herb garden!

The sign the third: my mom, one of my sisters, D, and I went for a 2.5 hour walk today. We started at my parents' house and went into Westboro and back, stopping to buy D her first pair of running shoes. They are Stride Rite, and super cute! She didn't want to take them off, even for diaper changes. If she didn't have footie pyjamas on, she would likely be wearing the shoes in bed right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment